Bed Bug Removal & Control
Bed Bugs are nocturnal parasitic insects which feed on the blood of humans and other mammals. They are a notoriously complex problem to deal with and experience is essential to safe, efficient and rapid elimination.
Control of bed bugs may require 3 visits depending on infestation using residual insecticides and insect growth regulators.
Bed bug problem – danger signs
- Live insects – very flattened, oval shape. Red–brown changing to dark mahogany colour if recently fed.
- Small blood spots on bed sheets
- Black fecal pellets found around harborages
- Cast nymphal skins
- Distinctive sweet & sickly smell produced from feces and glands
- Unpleasant irritation following their bites
- Bed bugs move around easily but are difficult to treat
- Bed bug infestation can rapidly reach an epidemic level if not treated in a professional way
Threats posed by bed bugs
- Allergic reactions
- Visitor and customer complaints
- Damage to reputation
- Loss of income
- Possible legal proceedings
- If left can result in high cost of treatment