Flea problems in Sussex are common. Cat fleas are the number one flea species that come into contact with man and despite its name, these fleas are also found on dogs. Flea infestations are easy to treat and usually require 1 visit on light infestations. Treatment requires using residual insecticide and insect growth regulators.
Danger signs of a flea problem
- Irritation caused by flea bites
- Adult fleas 2 mm long brown, wingless, laterally flattened and with large hind legs for jumping
Potential harm from fleas
- Infants are at higher risk from being bitten by fleas particularly when playing on the floor
- Pets are seriously affected by flea bites
- Itchy rash or eczema.
Threats posed by fleas
- Allergic reactions
- Visitor and customer complaints