Rat Catching & Control in Sussex
Call now: 07791 915502
100% guaranteed rat removal service for 1 year
In recent times rats have become more of a problem in Brighton, Burgess Hill, Lewes and other areas within Sussex with the rat population reaching record levels in some areas. Rodents are particularly dangerous due to their ability to spread human pathogens among the population of Sussex.
If you suspect a Rat infestation in Brighton, Burgess Hill or surrounding areas we can help to eradicate this infestation for you thus keeping you, your family and or your staff (if you’re a Sussex Business) safe in your surroundings.
Ways to spot a rat problem
- If you think you may have a rat infestation in your Building then the first sign to look for is the common rat droppings which are distinctive and are on average 12mm (1/2 inch) long, these can be described as ‘spindle shaped’, commonly tapering to a point either or both ends.
- Normal mouse droppings are one third to half the size
- A rat in Sussex (or anywhere else for that matter) produces about 40 droppings each day with a mice producing about twice as many
- Grease marks from the rat body as they brush past objects.
Spread of disease in Sussex and damage caused
- Rats can spread disease around such as – Weils disease, Salmonellosis, rat bite fever, Lymphocytic choriomeningitits and murine typus
- Damage to stock and buildings. Rodent’s sharp teeth can gnaw through cables, plastic, wooden doors and even mild steel.
- Contamination of foodstuffs and goods. Filth – droppings, hairs and urine found in food stuffs. The cost of cleaning and repackaging commodities.
Learn more about why rodents are a pest and how to control them
To see why rats, mice and other rodents are such a pest to control in Brighton, take a look at this page. You’ll learn a bit more about the different types of rodent, the different types of diseases they spread, and how to control a rodent pest problem.
Threats from rats and rodents
- Legal — failure to comply with legislation, including Health and Safety at Work etc. Act (1974) and Food Safety Act (1990).
- Damage — to goods, foodstuffs and your health and hygiene reputation. Any Pest Control issues will have a negative effect on your restaurant food hygiene rating.
- Environmental Heath Cost — can be considerable. Temporary business closure may be necessary.
- Bad press and media coverage
- Fire risk and structural damage leading to expensive repairs bills.
Sussex Rat Problems – arrange a free site survey now.
Call 07791915502 or 01273 775941 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule a regular control service visit to prevent further infestations of your Brighton, Burgess Hill, Lewes or any other area within Sussex Property.